Managing a sales team is a big job, as it requires a lot of skills, strategies, and tools to ensure that your sales team is motivated, productive, and successful. But how do you manage a sales team efficiently without micromanaging?
In this guide, you’ll learn some of the best tips and practices for sales team management. Whether you are a new or experienced sales manager, by following these tips and using suggested tools, you will be able to manage your sales team better and boost your revenue growth. Let’s get started!
Set and track sales goals
Guide your sales team with goal setting for their daily, weekly, and monthly targets. Check their progress and celebrate their wins. Here are some tips to help you:
- Use SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound) goals framework to define sales targets. Define the criteria to measure your team’s work quality.
- Use a sales tracking tool like Sales Tracker to monitor your sales team’s activities, results, and trends. You can see how many leads they have captured, qualified, and converted.
Regular feedback and coaching
Feedback and coaching help you to motivate your sales team, improve their skills and performance, and address any issues or challenges they face. Here are some feedback and coaching tips you can follow:
- See how your sales team is performing against their goals and provide timely feedback and coaching.
- Build a positive and supportive sales culture by creating communication groups, forums, and chats to share ideas, insights, and best practices.
- Provide them with study materials to enhance their skills and best practices. You can also create and assign quizzes and assessments to test your sales team’s knowledge and understanding.
Train and equip your sales team
Your sales team needs both skills and tools to offer the best possible solutions to your customers. To train them:
- Connect with them through different platforms to share timely updates and feedback.
- Create a knowledge bank to enhance their soft and hard skills so that they can access it quickly to gather relevant information during sales calls.
- Use sales tools to automate your lead generation and lead qualification processes, send personalised and professional proposals, and get suggestions on the best next action to take for each lead and deal.
- Have a subject expert who can stay with your team to guide them during every difficult sales call.
Promote accountability and decision-making.
Empower your sales team to take ownership and responsibility for their actions and results and to be more creative and innovative in their solutions. Here are some strategies you can use:
- Ask them to keep a note of each interaction with potential customers and note the date and time for follow-up remarks. The next time they follow up with the customer, they’ll know all the things they need to discuss with the customer to close the deal or move forward, which leads to closure in decision-making.
- Help your sales team tailor their messages and offers to each prospect and customer. Make pre-defined templates available for them, which they can modify and share with customers.
- Help them request and receive feedback and reviews from their prospects and use them to improve their skills and performance.
Teamwork helps people leverage each other’s strengths and skills and achieve more than they could on their own. You can follow these tactics to promote teamwork:
- Use sales tracking and communication tools to help your sales team coordinate and communicate with each other.
- Help them exchange ideas and share feedback and suggestions about their work.
- Motivate your team to get referrals through networking opportunities.
Use Sales Tracker
Sales team management is easier if you follow the above tips and use the right tools. One of the best tools that you can use to manage your sales team is Sales Tracker. It is a cloud-based software that makes managing sales teams and processes easy.
Sales Tracker is designed to help businesses reach their revenue goals faster. You can try Sales Tracker for free. Alternatively, you can book a free demo with the Sales Tracker team to understand how it can revolutionise your sales success.